Humans’ love affair with roses — for beauty and for health purposes — has a long history. Rose water has made its way into cosmetics and medicine for many centuries. Today, beauty experts still consider rose water a wonderfully gentle, natural ingredient with fabulous skin-enhancing benefits.
Rose water is a by product of steam distillation, the process that’s used to isolate the plant’s essential oil. Some of your beauty products probably contain rose water, but you might want to consider adding a bottle of this ingredient in its pure form to your bathroom inventory, too.
For the skin:
- Rosewater is a natural toner.
Pour two to three drops of rosewater on a cotton ball and wipe it thoroughly on the face and neck to remove dirt and grit.
Follow this routine every morning and night for a natural glow, and refreshing and soothing effect.
- Due to its refreshing fragrance, you can put a few drops of rosewater into the bathing water for glowing skin.
This can relax and sooth your body and mind.
Rosewater comes with natural conditioning and moisturising properties, making it a part of your hair care routine.
Add a few drops of rosewater with your shampoo. It will also give a long-lasting fragrance to your hair.
- It also aids hair growth.
After shampooing, pour half a cup of rosewater on the wet hair and gently massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- Mix rosewater with glycerin or fenugreek powder and apply it on the scalp to prevent dandruff.
- Its therapeutic properties can help combat inflammations on the scalp.
- Being a by-product of rose oil, it is as an alternative to normal hair oil.
- Mildly soak cotton swabs in rosewater and place it over your eyes for a soothing, cooling and relaxing effect.
- Get instant relief from burning, red or inflammatory eyes by pouring two to three drops of rosewater in each eye and closing it for a few minutes. You can also cleanse your eyes every night to wade off any eye infection.
Rosewater is also one of the ingredients used in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Banish those dark circles by smearing rosewater under the eyes.
- To treat those tired and droopy eyes, mix sandalwood with rosewater, apply on the eye lids and wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes.
Where to get rosewater in Chennai: Rosewater is available in Dhanyam Organic Superstore. For more information please call 044-28157654 or visit us at No. 24, North boag road, T. Nagar, Chennai – 17.